Here are great resources to connect with diverse national security & foreign policy experts.
- Women of Color Advancing Peace & Security (WCAPS) – WCAPS works to advance the leadership and professional development of women of color in the fields of international peace, security, and conflict transformation. Their website features expert lists and outcomes from their working groups.
- CSIS Diversity Spotlight – Follow the CSIS Diversity Spotlight initiative which highlights a diverse national security or foreign policy expert each week.
- 40 Under 40 Latinos in Foreign Policy – 40 Latinos to watch for in the realm of foreign policy and international affairs
- Foreign Policy Interrupted – FPI exists to make women working in foreign policy, national security, and international relations heard. FPI provides a platform for journalists et al to find female foreign policy experts.
- Inclusive Security – Inclusive Security is convinced that a more secure world is possible if policymakers, security sectors, and conflict-affected populations work together. Women’s meaningful participation, in particular, can make the difference between failure and success. Visit their site for training resources, stories, and to learn more about the initiatives.
- Women’s Foreign Policy Group (WFPG) – WFPG seeks to promote women’s leadership by elevating and amplifying women’s voices in international affairs through programming and mentoring.
- Women In International Security (WIIS) – WIIS is dedicated to advancing the leadership and professional development of women in the field of international peace and security. WIIS sponsors leadership training, mentoring, and networking programs.
- Women In Defense (WID) – WID engages, cultivates and advances women in all aspects of national security by providing members a business environment for professional growth through strategic networking, education, and career development.